Sunday, November 5, 2017

In brief

It has been along time since I have posted here.
I am trying to figure out where to shout into the ether.
I have not been writing much.
I have not been creating art much.
My life has been a battle for my physical and overall health, of late.
And, yes, I recognize that creating is essential to mental health, which in turn feeds into physical health.
I have been focused on being more physically active.
I am 100% work at home now, and that means, I don't have the mile walk to the train in the morning, I don't have the walk from the station to the office, I don't walk aronud the office to get water, go potty, or meet with people.
I sit on my ass, day in and day out, in the second bedroom, noticing my pants don't fit, I am easily exhausted, and my attention wanders.
It's not as if I haven't been noting the changes as they have been happening, but, time has a way of getting away from you, and a day becomes a week, becomes a month and the next thing you know, a year has gone by and you have very little to show for the last 365 days.
I hit the bottom.
I recognized that I have been recording things, but not doing anything with the data. I don't review, I don't acknowledge success and failure, I don't challenge myself.
That has changed.
I am holding my feet to the fire.
I am actually setting goals.
I am breaking those goals into actionable steps.
I liked to think of myself as someone who was "above" having a routine and thought that routines are boring.
But I have learned that routine and planning means focus and it leads to success, it leads to accomplishment, and it leads to a whole me.
So, let's see if this platform and these brain dumps help in the overall scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment