Sunday, May 26, 2013

Friends

I am lucky
I have friends that I can reach out to

Granted, some of them don't respond immediately
And I get a little butt-hurt
But in general, if I reach out, there is some reciprocation.
And I am thankful for that

I have people I go to for work related issues
There are another group that I rely on for relationship advice
And then there are people I just do a Facebook status for so they know that I'm alive (and to check in on my Dad.)

I was usually the one to hang on the edge of any social grouping. I was never the center of attention, but I would interject at strategic points and usually leave the crowd laughing or thinking. I still do that. In fact I am amazed when I can walk into a room of people that I barely know and am able to get comfortable.

Now put me in a group of strangers, I will glom onto one person until that individual introduces me to someone else in the room. I don't make a pest of myself. I will hang out then retreat to the corner with my beer, and wait for another opportunity to "drop into" a conversation (likely, where I'm not wanted..)

But today?
I am thankful for my friends.
They have lifted my spirits, made me feel comfortable, given me guidance and encouraged me to become something better than I am.
What more could you ask for, really?

No comments:

Post a Comment