Saturday, May 25, 2013

Weakness. 

I hate that in myself. But the greater affront to my fragile ego, is when I can't get myself out of the immediate dilemma.  Then, someone brings a solution to my attention and I feel like a complete moron that I hadn't come up with that on my own.

I will take the easier way out, when something isn't going to play out according to "my" rules. I will surrender or acquiesce rather than spend precious time coming up with an alternate solution.

I fancy myself as clever and a thinker. And then something simple throws me of and I feel like a moron. But there are times where the focus is so tight, that alternative frames of reference can't come to the surface, until afterward.

I will take this bit of humbling today and catalog it, so the next time I am faced with something similar, I might take an extra minute and try an alternate solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment